We own property in Idaho. If we “walk away” from the Idaho property, can they garnish our wages?

February 15th, 2009 by Jarad

Question: We own property in Idaho through an interest only loan. We had planned to sell our home in California this year and pay off the land in Idaho with the money from the sale. Now the California house is worth less than we owe on it and we are stuck with an interest only loan on property in Idaho. If we “walk away” from the Idaho property, can they garnish our wages for the amount of the loan?

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Ask The Expert?

Have a question that hasn't been answered? Ask us a question by clicking here.

Search Blog

Featured Product

foreclosure home study course
"The Investors Complete Foreclosure Home Study Course - Only $47"

Discover a Proven System for Buying Real Estate Foreclosures 30%, 40%, and 50% Below Market Value. Generate Huge Returns Using This Step-by-Step Foreclosure System.

Learn More - Click Here

Build Your Wealth

See our investment properties

Looking for Great Returns and Positive Cashflow? Build your wealth by investing in real estate.

Check out our inventory! »

Free Foreclosure Reports


Two months ago...if someone told me that I would have a deal going in real estate I would have told them they were crazy. I read the Foreclosure and Flippers books and started sending letters to people whose homes were up for sheriff's auction. I brought in an investor to buy the house and give my client some money to help him start over. The profit on this property will be about 40k. Not too bad for sending out a few letters.
N. Donahue, OH

Affiliate Disclosure

We review products from time to time and receive compensation from the companies whose products we review. We review each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own...