Bought a home through USDARuralDevelopement. We have our property taxes deferred because we are over 62. Can we be “forgiven” one time on all we owe?

November 4th, 2009 by Jarad

Question: my x husband and I bought a home through USDARuralDevelopement program. We have our property taxes deferred because we are over 62. My question is one of us cannot afford the payment. We were told by a RE Agent that we can be “forgiven” one time on all we owe? Is this true? and as far as the property taxes can our Social Security be garnished?

Answer: – Yes, there is such a program called Senior Citizens Tax Deferral Program and like everything else you must meet certain criteria in order to qualify, like Age, Income and how long you’ve Owned the home. And as far as I understand it does not eliminate your property taxes, it only lowers the amount you have to pay in property taxes and “defers” the rest. Each state may have different qualifications so you may want to contact the Property Tax Division in your state to get more info on it.

Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Ask The Expert?

Have a question that hasn't been answered? Ask us a question by clicking here.

Search Blog

Featured Product

foreclosure home study course
"The Investors Complete Foreclosure Home Study Course - Only $47"

Discover a Proven System for Buying Real Estate Foreclosures 30%, 40%, and 50% Below Market Value. Generate Huge Returns Using This Step-by-Step Foreclosure System.

Learn More - Click Here

Build Your Wealth

See our investment properties

Looking for Great Returns and Positive Cashflow? Build your wealth by investing in real estate.

Check out our inventory! »

Free Foreclosure Reports

Affiliate Disclosure

We review products from time to time and receive compensation from the companies whose products we review. We review each product thoroughly and give high marks to only the very best. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own...

Comodo SSL