Question: What questions should I ask before making an offer on a short sale?
Answer: – I hope I understand your question… You want to ask as many questions as you can to help you identify what the property is worth and their motivation. I like to start out with some basic questions to get a feel for the property, then ask additional questions when I show up to the property. Here are some you can start with.
- Are you the owner?
- What’s the house worth?
- How did you get to that price?
- What do you owe on the home?
- How many payments are you behind?
- Have you received a NOD?
- Has the lender set an auction date?
- What do you want from your home?
- What’s the address of the property?
Now go verify the information they gave you and see what it’s worth to you.